Who can join as an external borrower?
Members of the public who are interested in joining the library are very welcome to do so.
The annual fee for external borrowers is as follows:
- Graduates of WIT – €50.00
- Retired members of WIT staff – Free
- Individual membership, including graduates of other Irish third level colleges – €80.00
- Institutional membership – Not-for-profit sector – €50.00
- Institutional membership – Corporate – 5 members – €350.00
- Unemployed and Senior Citizens – €40.00
How do I join as an external borrower?
The procedure for joining as an external borrower is to initially make an appointment with Sandra Healy on 051 302493 or [email protected]
In addition you will need to present 2 forms of ID at the circulation desk:
- Photo ID e.g. Passport, Driver’s licence
- Proof of Address e.g. Bill, Bank statement
If you are a WIT graduate, bring along proof of same e.g. copy of WIT qualification, old WITCard or student number.
You will also need to complete 2 forms in the library:
- General application form, which we keep for the library records
- WITCard application form, which is used to set you up with a library card
What are my library entitlements?
Your library card gives you access to the Luke Wadding Library and College Street Library at WIT. You are also entitled to borrow up to 8 books at a time (six 2 week loans and two 3 day loans). In addition you can borrow up to four Multimedia items (Music, A/V) for 1 week at a time.
Please note: Your membership does not cover database, eBooks or internet access.