Who can join as an external borrower?
Members of the public who are interested in joining the library are very welcome to do so.
The annual fee for external borrowers is as follows:
- Individual membership, including graduates of other Irish third level colleges – €80.00
- Unemployed and Senior Citizens – €40.00
- Not-for-profit sector – €50.00
- Corporate membership (5 members) – €350.00
- SETU Graduates – €50.00
- Retired members of staff – Free
How do I join?
The procedure for joining as an external borrower is to initially make contact with Deirdre Falconer on 051 302843 or [email protected]. Deirdre will require your Name, Address and Phone Number initially to set up your account.
Once the account has been completed and your card is ready, you will receive a confirmation email.
On the day of collection you will need to produce:
- Photo ID e.g. Passport, Driver’s licence
- Proof of Address e.g. Bill, Bank statement
- Payment – Cash only is acceptable presently
SETU graduates, in addition to the above, will need to present
- Their old WIT, IT Carlow or SETU student card
- Copy of their WIT, IT Carlow or SETU qualification.
What are my library entitlements?
You will be a member of both SETU Waterford Libraries.
You can borrow 8 Long Term and 2 Short Term books in addition to up to 4 Audio Visual Items, at one time.
Long Term ( two weeks – renewable )
Short Term ( one week – non renewable )
Audio Visual ( two weeks – renewable )
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THE EXTERNAL MEMBERSHIP DOES NOT INCLUDE INTERNET ACCESS OR INDEED ACCESS TO OUR ON LINE DATABASE.