Access to the Library
SETU Waterford Libraries is open to registered SETU students and staff, external borrowers. Access to the library is with a current student identification card .
SETU Waterford Libraries operates a quiet study atmosphere and users are expected to respect their fellow library users. There are a number of quiet and group study areas located throughout the library.
Mobile phone usage is permitted in the library stairwells. Library users are asked not to make or receive calls in the study areas.
Library PCs are for study and research purposes only. Usage of Library PCs is subject to the wider SETU Computer Usage policies. Please consult Computer Services for more details.
(a) Users who infringe any library regulation will be liable to a range of penalties including fines, withdrawal of services and other disciplinary proceedings.
(b) Any library user who repeatedly breaks the rule on silence will be asked to leave. A report will be made to the College Disciplinary Committee in cases where disturbances are persistent.
(c) A security system is in operation at the exit. Library users must ensure that they follow proper borrowing procedures. Unauthorised removal of library property is not permitted. Any user who removes an item illegally from SETU Waterford Libraries will be fined. The College Disciplinary Committee deals with incidents of theft or misappropriation.
In instances of damage to library property and/or loss of library property, the user responsible will be required to make good any such loss or damage. Other disciplinary action may follow.
Safety in SETU Waterford Libraries
- Personal property should never be left unattended
- All property is left at owner’s risk
- Users should make themselves aware of the fire exits in SETU Waterford Libraries. Fire exits are indicated on the SETU Waterford Libraries LORG eMaps. Exit via fire exits is only permitted in emergency situations.
- Fire drills are held regularly, and library users must comply with directions from the fire wardens
- Hazards should be reported to the library staff
- If an accident occurs while using SETU Waterford Libraries, a member of staff should be contacted immediately.
You can access SETU Waterford Libraries research resources 24/7 from anywhere. Off-campus access to library databases is available from the library database page using your SETU Waterford Network Login.
For more information on off-campus access, please see the off-campus guides.
For best view, click the full screen option.