WIT Libraries offers a comprehensive support framework for postgraduate students at all levels, operating not only as a source of information and knowledge in all the traditional and newer forms, but also as a support centre for education and lifelong learning.
Visiting Other Libraries
Unfortunately it is not possible to provide letters of introduction to access other libraries at the moment but this will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Reference Management Software
The Institute currently holds a site license for EndNote X9 for all WIT purchased PCs and laptops. EndNote is a bibliographic software tool for managing references and creating bibliographies. Registered students at WIT Libraries also have access to and enhanced version of EndNote online.
With EndNote you can:
- Create a library of references
- Search databases and import the references directly into EndNote
- Organise and manage your references in your EndNote library
- Use a feature called Cite While You Write which allows you to insert references and automatically create bibliographies for your papers in Microsoft Word.
- The library hosts training sessions on EndNote
- For online library guides to EndNote please see the following library guide: EndNote
- Please see the Guides and Forms box for the WIT Harvard Style files for EndNote (regular and Business) which can be uploaded to EndNote X9
- For official EndNote training videos and FAQs please follow this external link.
Additional Citation Management Tools
Other citation management tools are available for free or for a monthly fee. You can find out more about these in the following library guide: Citation Management Tools
Library Learning Support
Library tutorials for research postgraduates and researchers can be arranged in consultation with a member of the Library Learning Support team. Sessions may be booked on an individual or group basis and are developed according to specific research interests.
For more information and to book a session, go to Library Learning Support.